Search This Blog

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Bespoke Typographic Designs...and launching the 'All That's British' Canvas

It's been a while since I've had the time to share recent pieces of More Than Words typographic artwork so I wanted to do a little round up with some designs from the last week.  Lots to choose from but here are a few favourites...

The first is a bespoke framed print for a very lovely customer (another one of our cherished Twitter followers).  Using a picture of the beautiful bride and her bridesmaid I was able to match the exact pink colour for the 'I Wanna Be Yours' text.  Read on their wedding day, a funny poem by John Cooper Clarke....the perfect anniversary gift for her husband.
I wanna be your vacuum cleaner
Breathing in your dust
I wanna be your Ford
Cortina
I will never rust
If you like your coffee hot
Let me be your coffee pot
You call the shots
I wanna be yours

I wanna be your raincoat
For those frequent rainy days
I wanna be your dreamboat
When you want to sail away
Let me be your teddy bear
Take me with you anywhere
I don’t care
I wanna be yours

I wanna be your electric meter
I will not run out
I wanna be the electric heater
You’ll get cold without
I wanna be your setting lotion
Hold your hair in deep devotion
Deep as the deep Atlantic ocean
That’s how deep is my devotion




Another one of our popular 'Favourite Things' typographic designs capturing this couple's 'Happy Days...
...and a bespoke birthday design to celebrate a 40th birthday...

The 'ALL THAT'S BRITISH' Canvas

This week 'the gifted penguin' launched their 'All That's British' canvas, exclusively designed for them by More Than Words.  A bespoke commission, available only through their website www.giftedpenguin.co.uk It really is fab!

You can read all about it on their blog...
Here at the gifted penguin we love a young and exciting company called More Than Words which produce the most amazing bespoke artwork using typographic images. The work they produce is of the highest fine art standard and is printed onto pure cotton canvas with a museum quality mount. We decided we would love them to produce a piece of art that would be unique to us at the gifted penguin. With the Olympics being just around the corner, the ongoing love of the Union Jack in interiors and a desire to celebrate all that Britain means to us in these challenging times we decided to commission a piece of work that reflected these thoughts. We brain stormed words that reflected all that’s British asking all sorts of people and the most popular answer we got was ‘the weather’! But many other favourites rolled in including cream teas, Big Ben, red buses, Marks & Spencers and many name places including Edinburgh, Cardiff, Stratford upon Avon and of course London. With our list of words we then asked Lisa Long at More Than Words to produce a unique piece of art for us. The canvas was produced using using UV archival pigment inks in the exact colours of the Union Jack and what we received is a stunning piece of art, All That’s British Union Jack Canvas.


This stunning piece of art can’t be bought anywhere else, so why not treat yourself to something that will bring interest and enjoyment to all who view it. Why not see if your favourite British icon is in there?!




No comments:

Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Bespoke Typographic Designs...and launching the 'All That's British' Canvas

It's been a while since I've had the time to share recent pieces of More Than Words typographic artwork so I wanted to do a little round up with some designs from the last week.  Lots to choose from but here are a few favourites...

The first is a bespoke framed print for a very lovely customer (another one of our cherished Twitter followers).  Using a picture of the beautiful bride and her bridesmaid I was able to match the exact pink colour for the 'I Wanna Be Yours' text.  Read on their wedding day, a funny poem by John Cooper Clarke....the perfect anniversary gift for her husband.
I wanna be your vacuum cleaner
Breathing in your dust
I wanna be your Ford
Cortina
I will never rust
If you like your coffee hot
Let me be your coffee pot
You call the shots
I wanna be yours

I wanna be your raincoat
For those frequent rainy days
I wanna be your dreamboat
When you want to sail away
Let me be your teddy bear
Take me with you anywhere
I don’t care
I wanna be yours

I wanna be your electric meter
I will not run out
I wanna be the electric heater
You’ll get cold without
I wanna be your setting lotion
Hold your hair in deep devotion
Deep as the deep Atlantic ocean
That’s how deep is my devotion




Another one of our popular 'Favourite Things' typographic designs capturing this couple's 'Happy Days...
...and a bespoke birthday design to celebrate a 40th birthday...

The 'ALL THAT'S BRITISH' Canvas

This week 'the gifted penguin' launched their 'All That's British' canvas, exclusively designed for them by More Than Words.  A bespoke commission, available only through their website www.giftedpenguin.co.uk It really is fab!

You can read all about it on their blog...
Here at the gifted penguin we love a young and exciting company called More Than Words which produce the most amazing bespoke artwork using typographic images. The work they produce is of the highest fine art standard and is printed onto pure cotton canvas with a museum quality mount. We decided we would love them to produce a piece of art that would be unique to us at the gifted penguin. With the Olympics being just around the corner, the ongoing love of the Union Jack in interiors and a desire to celebrate all that Britain means to us in these challenging times we decided to commission a piece of work that reflected these thoughts. We brain stormed words that reflected all that’s British asking all sorts of people and the most popular answer we got was ‘the weather’! But many other favourites rolled in including cream teas, Big Ben, red buses, Marks & Spencers and many name places including Edinburgh, Cardiff, Stratford upon Avon and of course London. With our list of words we then asked Lisa Long at More Than Words to produce a unique piece of art for us. The canvas was produced using using UV archival pigment inks in the exact colours of the Union Jack and what we received is a stunning piece of art, All That’s British Union Jack Canvas.


This stunning piece of art can’t be bought anywhere else, so why not treat yourself to something that will bring interest and enjoyment to all who view it. Why not see if your favourite British icon is in there?!




No comments: