Search This Blog

Tuesday, 9 October 2012

A little catch-up from MTW HQ!

Catch up time! Forgive me for the lack of blog posts recently but the business has been growing like mad and it's been a case of prioritising everything with, of course, customers and designs coming first.
So what's been happening at More Than Words?  I rarely update on the business behind the scenes but thought it might be interesting to share what's been going on at MTW HQ...
Where some of the magic happens
The first major development is that More Than Words now runs with the help of three talented designers - Adeleh, Katie and Richard, an experienced local print team, my fabulous husband/website whizz/number cruncher (alongside his day job), and our lovely admin Cathy.  

Helping mummy
This time last year it was a big step for me to bring on my first member of 'staff' but it was the best decision ever. I realised it was the only way that the business would be able to keep on growing.  I was at full capacity and could no longer cope with the demand on my own, alongside the non-negotiable role of being a mummy.  Now, having my amazing team allows me the time for business development and that ever important work-life balance (which was going down the tubes).  

My boys
So much has happened this year, including More Than Words being shortlisted for Notonthehighstreet.com's 'Start-up Success' award, which I'm extremely proud of.  In our short space of time as a partner with NOTHS we have become one of their top selling 'Enterprise' businesses.  
Aside from that, our products have featured on UK TV programmes and have been recommended in print by the likes of Elle Decoration, Tatler and Ideal Home magazines.  
This month's Ideal Home magazine feature
In the background we are developing a range of new products and designs.  When I started More Than Words there were only one or two businesses doing something remotely similar and now 'bespoke typogaphic art' companies seem to be popping up everywhere (a few copycats have even launched themselves selling our signature designs!).  We need to stay ahead of the game...fresh and original..and I'm pleased that I can now spend time building on the reputation and quality of our current pieces.

In the next few weeks More Than Words will become a Limited Company.  Another big step and an exciting one!  

So that's it in a nutshell, but before I go I want to say a huge thank you to our amazing base of loyal customers...THANK YOU!

...............................................

For now, here is a first sneaky peek at one of our new products launching soon!

Eco-friendly, beautifully hand-crafted frames made from weathered reclaimed wood.  By combining modern printing techniques with recycled materials, often over 100 years old, More Than Words will now offer fully bespoke pieces of rustic typographic artwork.

Each piece will be constructed using fine art canvas, framed in salvaged wood that has been sourced from reclamation yards from demolished buildings all over the south of England.

Watch this space for further details and more pieces...we hope to launch all of these before Christmas.





No comments:

Tuesday, 9 October 2012

A little catch-up from MTW HQ!

Catch up time! Forgive me for the lack of blog posts recently but the business has been growing like mad and it's been a case of prioritising everything with, of course, customers and designs coming first.
So what's been happening at More Than Words?  I rarely update on the business behind the scenes but thought it might be interesting to share what's been going on at MTW HQ...
Where some of the magic happens
The first major development is that More Than Words now runs with the help of three talented designers - Adeleh, Katie and Richard, an experienced local print team, my fabulous husband/website whizz/number cruncher (alongside his day job), and our lovely admin Cathy.  

Helping mummy
This time last year it was a big step for me to bring on my first member of 'staff' but it was the best decision ever. I realised it was the only way that the business would be able to keep on growing.  I was at full capacity and could no longer cope with the demand on my own, alongside the non-negotiable role of being a mummy.  Now, having my amazing team allows me the time for business development and that ever important work-life balance (which was going down the tubes).  

My boys
So much has happened this year, including More Than Words being shortlisted for Notonthehighstreet.com's 'Start-up Success' award, which I'm extremely proud of.  In our short space of time as a partner with NOTHS we have become one of their top selling 'Enterprise' businesses.  
Aside from that, our products have featured on UK TV programmes and have been recommended in print by the likes of Elle Decoration, Tatler and Ideal Home magazines.  
This month's Ideal Home magazine feature
In the background we are developing a range of new products and designs.  When I started More Than Words there were only one or two businesses doing something remotely similar and now 'bespoke typogaphic art' companies seem to be popping up everywhere (a few copycats have even launched themselves selling our signature designs!).  We need to stay ahead of the game...fresh and original..and I'm pleased that I can now spend time building on the reputation and quality of our current pieces.

In the next few weeks More Than Words will become a Limited Company.  Another big step and an exciting one!  

So that's it in a nutshell, but before I go I want to say a huge thank you to our amazing base of loyal customers...THANK YOU!

...............................................

For now, here is a first sneaky peek at one of our new products launching soon!

Eco-friendly, beautifully hand-crafted frames made from weathered reclaimed wood.  By combining modern printing techniques with recycled materials, often over 100 years old, More Than Words will now offer fully bespoke pieces of rustic typographic artwork.

Each piece will be constructed using fine art canvas, framed in salvaged wood that has been sourced from reclamation yards from demolished buildings all over the south of England.

Watch this space for further details and more pieces...we hope to launch all of these before Christmas.





No comments: